Quarrying and Mining Safety Solutions
Safety in the Quarrying and Mining Industry
According to the HSE 40% of fatal accidents on quarry sites are caused by moving vehicles and 70% of all collisions occur at low speed because of poor visibility. The quarrying and mining industries operate in the toughest environments and large mobile plant machinery can pose a real danger to safety. Ensuring a safe environment for this industry and its workers is challenging but an essential task.
Operators visibility is limited when driving these giant machines. For example, some dump trucks cannot see 1.8m high twenty meters in front. This can be made worse by terrain, dust, weather, low light and darkness. These are noisy environments to work in and workers hearing can be impaired. So much so that audible alarms are not always heard.
We work with some of the most reputable construction and plant businesses in the industry. We identify their needs to ensure all their vehicles are fully equipped with the latest safety technology.
Issues in the quarry and mining industry
- Collisions due to blind spots
- Collisions due to poor visibility – bad weather, darkness, smoke
- Reversing accidents with pedestrians
- Workers being struck by vehicles due to reduce hearing by wearing ear defenders
- Vehicle damage
- Manoeuvring in tight spaces
- Reversing alarm complaints
- Risk of theft
Solutions for Quarry and Mining Industry
How Vision Techniques can help
- Fewer accidents
- Safe working environment
- Lower insurance costs
- More vehicles in operation
- Deter vandals and thieves
- Full vehicle security surveillance
- Peace of mind for both managers and workers
- Fewer noise complaints
- Meet health and safety requirements
Why choose Vision Techniques?
- 30 years of market-leading expertise.
- Innovation second to none
- Fully managed service
- Dedicated technical support
- Qualified engineers for installation
- Bespoke tailored products and service
- SO9001 accredited and award-winning recognition.